3M introduces new Ergonomic Wireless Optical Mouse
The new Ergonomic Wireless Optical Mouse from 3M aims to help reduce discomfort associated with carpal tunnel syndrome and repetitive strain injury.
Working with computers, particularly for long periods without breaks, is a prime cause of Repetitive Strain Injuries (RSI). If allowed to become chronic, RSI can cause permanent disability.
The 3M Ergonomic Mouse looks just like a joystick and is available to buy online.
It is held like an old fashioned gaming control but to make it work it needs to be pushed around, tracking movement optically, as a conventional mouse.
According to 3M, when directed in this fashion, the arm rather than the wrist is used, which helps to prevent RSI and carpal tunnel syndrome. It also enhances comfort by keeping arms and shoulders in a more relaxed, neutral position.
Using a vertical grip mouse encourages the wrist to remain locked, reducing the pressure on the delicate median nerve. The vertical ergonomic grip has been clinically proven to reduce muscle strain and discomfort associated with RSI compared to using a traditional mouse, says 3M.
Left click, right click and the scroll button are all included.
- The 3M Ergonomic Wireless Optical Mouse is compatible for use with PCs, Laptops and Apple Macs
- Microsoft – Windows XP, Vista and later
- Apple – MAC OS 10 X v10.4.X, v10.5.X and later
- Optical mouse for smoother, more accurate usage
- Optical mouse with USB/PS2 compatible plug and play
- USB wireless compatible
- For right hand use; available in small/ medium for palms measuring 8.8cm wide or less. Also available in large for a palm width of 8.9cm or more
- Product Dimensions: 14.2 x 15 x 17.3cm ; 341g (small)
- Product Dimensions: 15.9 x 15.9 x 19cm ; 885g (large)
- Includes 2 AAA batteries
- Price: RRP from £143.92
- Available from the 3M website.